27 Jan 2016

Candle of Hope

Hello to you

Well, I'm fresh back from the Bryan Adams concert and a couple of fabulous days in Lisbon. He was brilliant.  Had an absolutely fantastic time.  I'd forgotten what fun it is to attend a concert. 

Today's card reminds me of the 'good old days' at concerts where people used to dig around for their lighters when the big ballad came on. All those flickering flames in the audience were so pretty. Of course, everyone uses their camera phone nowadays which is much better for health and safety, eh? Still looks just as pretty though.

So, back to flickering flames, today's candle flame card is for:
52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge 03-16 where the theme is Christmas Candles / Lanterns
and Addicted to Stamps and more challenge #178 where the theme is Holidays


Now, lanterns and candles are not images I would normally use....so I scoured my stamps and came up with the only candle image I could find and used on the cream card at the bottom. I wasn't really happy with that card so I was delighted when I remembered getting this wonderful, wiggly candle stamp as part of the clarity design club. 

Much better. I really like this card, especially the stained glass window effect created by sponging through a piece of die cut card.
Items used:
Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Fossilised Amber & Spiced Marmalade
Stampendous Detail Gold Embossing Powder
Signo uniball gold pen (coloured in the candlestick)
Sizzix Medallion 4 - used to make the stencil
Stamps - Claritystamp
This is the first card I made. Still not happy with it, but posting it on here anyway.




Stamp: Woodware Traditional Xmas
Distress Markers: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries, Lucky Clover, Pine Needles, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Picket Fence
Stardust Stickles
Memento Onyx Black Inkpad

Well, I suppose I should make one more quick card and then crack on with my daughters wedding invitations.
Thanks so much for dropping by. Hope to see you again soon.
 
Hugs,
Sharon

14 comments:

  1. superbe carte Sharon, elle est d'une richesse et d'un chic, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely wiggly candle! I do like your first card too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are just amazing! Maybe I even like the first one you made a bit more :)
    Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT, hope you will join us again! :) Kaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Kaja

      Delete
  4. Both cards are lovely, Sharon. The first one is beautifully unique. I'm glad that you shared the second card because I like it a lot. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you saw Bryan Adams, I such a huge fan - been to see him twice but would love to go again!! I'm a huge fan of your cards too, just right for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at 52{C}CT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline. It was my first time at a Bryan Adams concert....but I'll definitely go to see him again if I can.

      Delete
  6. I think both cards are gorgeous. However, the curly candle holder with the stencilled background is my favourite - absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at 52CCT this week! Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such kind comments. Thank you so much Deborah

      Delete
  7. Lovely cards,I like both of them...Each is beautiful on it's own way...Thank you for joining us at ATSM...XX Željka

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.