Instagram

14 Feb 2016

Perseverance

Hello to you. Happy Valentines Day.
How are you today? Are you being spoilt? I hope so.
 
Well, after the calamities of yesterday morning, the afternoon actually turned out ........
...... along much the same lines.
 
Ha Ha. Must have been one of those mistake days
OH! I mean Opportunity Days as Chris D so rightly pointed out in her comment on yesterday's card. Thank you!
 
 
Well, I had to persevere a couple of times to cope with a big drip (no, I am not being rude to someone!) and stamping outside the mask. But it was worth it, I think.
 
My goal was to create a feeling of dimension in a one layer card.
Do you think I achieved that?
 
I'm entering this card into:
Less Is More week 263 - One Layer Card and include a stem.
Time Out Challenge #49 - "Love Is The Flower You've Got To Let It Grow' - John Lennon lyric
Addicted to CAS - Codeword 'Bloom'
One Layer Simplicity # 24 - Friends
 

So firstly, let's take a look at my 'OPPORTUNITIES'

CARD ONE

 
Went well but I got a huge drip or dribble right the way down to the bottom from the flower.
 I tried to wipe it off, but that was no good.
 
Hey Ho.
Try again
 

Then onto CARD TWO

Thought I'd try a bigger version of the card.
 
Ha! Decided it'd be good to stamp outside the mask - NOT!
 
Errrrmmmm. What to do? Scrap it now or carry on?
 
Tried to cover it up with text in the bottom corner. 
 

Didn't bother with the glossy accents on this one because it didn't seem CAS enough to me.
 
(Actually, now I've posted it on here, I think I like that one better!!!)

 

How I made the final card:

 
The backdrop is Antique Linen distress ink sponged through a triangular stencil, and then over-stamped with a text stamp in Adirondack Latte (having first masked off the poppy).


 The poppy was coloured in and drop shadows added to both the poppy and one side of the triangle.

Finally, the poppy was smothered in glossy accents and left to dry overnight.
(only because I ran out of time yesterday afternoon!)  ;-)
 
Simples!
 


Items Used:
Indigo Blu Poppy Meadow Stamp set
Sentiment from Creative Expressions Butterfly Kiss
Background text from Graphic 45 Hampton Art stamp set ICO215
Antique Linen distress Ink
Adirondack Latte Dye Ink
Distress Pens: Barn Door, Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint,Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot
Glossy Accents
 
 
 
Thank you so much for popping by and looking at my card.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx


22 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! Well worth the aggravation!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phrase OMG comes to mind for this stunner Sharon! The look of dimension you have achieved is nothing short of amazing!
    Fabuloso!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. wOW!SO 3D ~ love the glossy effect & terrific masking ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you get a good design what else do you do but repeat it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sharon ... you've created such awesome dimension on one layer ... this is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to create dimension on a OLC, thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! this is completely AWESOME! I have to admit I did a close look to see if you'd added an extra layer but hey! Simply stunning and super talented. Fantastic dimension and thanks for playing along at both ATCAS and Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I LOVE the dimension you achieved with the masking. I think the first version is my favorite....but they both have quite the "WOW" factor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bloom, beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! Very clever effect - it really does look layered despite being a OLC. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the dimension you created in this one layer beauty. Thanks so much for joining us at TO~ ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just so pretty and effective.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely nailed the dimension here Sharon - awesome depth to your one layer!
    Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous collection of cards - I can't make up my mind which is the most beautiful. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing how you achieved such a 'layered' look on this one layer card! So glad you joined us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well worth the effort hun, the end result is amazing - definitely something I might try....if only I can work out where to put the shadows! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! That's amazing! I had to drop by and see how you did it. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would never have guessed that your card is NOT three dimensional even AFTER reading hot you did it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing card - your drop shadows really make it look multi layered!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sharon, this is truly amazing and fooled my eye completely! Just looking at the photo, I thought, "She's cheating." Then I read your description and my jaw hit the keyboard!!!! BRAVO!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this at the OLS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful - absolutely amazing that it is only one layer! Glad you persevered!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.