6 Mar 2016

Gift of Peace

Hi! It's so good to see you here today.
 
I have a little card to share today that I made for 3 challenges:
 
 
This is being entered into:
 
Addicted to CAS where the codeword is Gift
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.pt/
 
and it's also my 52 Christmas Card Throwdown entry which is a sketch this week.
http://52cct.blogspot.pt/
 
And Darnell's NBUS challenge. (never before Used Stash)
http://www.djkardkreations.com/
 
 
I was delighted to see the codeword 'Gift' at Addicted to CAS because I'd been waiting for an opportunity to use this stamp. It had never been inked up before so this card qualifies for Darnell's Never Before Used Schtuff challenge. If you haven't heard of Darnell, do pop over to her blog to have a read and make friends with her, she is a talented and VERY funny lady!
 
But, when I saw that sketch at 52 CCT I almost ran screaming for the hills because I thought I might have to miss this week's challenge. It all looked too layered for the CAS style that I'm trying to master.
 
But I'm always willing to rise to a challenge.....
 
 
 
To keep this as CAS as possible, I stuck to 2 colours. I was worried about the number of layers, so on top of the base card I drew a rectangle in a pen to represent the layer attached to the base.
 
Was that cheating?
well, possibly.....
...but I like to think of it as using my creative initiative.  ;-) 

 
Items used:
Clarity Stamps stamp
Spellbinders m-bossibilities - folder tg-002
Spellbinders Nestabilities - classic oval
Encore Ultimate Metallic ink - Copper
Signo Uniball - Copper
Ribbon
 
I hope you are all keeping wrapped up and warm.
The best thing about our move to Portugal is that for most of the year we have great weather.
I must say that I don't miss the cold and wet weather one bit!
Today I'm off to have dinner at a restaurant beside the beach where they have a live band playing.
Hope the sun is good to us today. 
I'll be thinking of all of you that are without sunshine though.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
If you leave a comment I promise that I will reciprocate
(but it may be tomorrow before I do!)
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

13 comments:

  1. Creativity is what it's all about! I love your card, so elegant and the colours work perfectly. Have a great warm day, not jealous, honest. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon this is so beautiful!! Love love love it! :)
    Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, Kaja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card! Thank you for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS design and I love your NBUS stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant Christmas card, and I love your CAS design, Sharon! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous CAS card Sharon, lovley work.
    May I make a suggestion ??? As you're a new blogger, maybe go into settings and on posts and comments add up to ten posts per page, then a visitor can scroll down them in a group and get an overview. Shaz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning! Love the white and gold combo. You did great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful sentiment, and lovely layout for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw ​your card linked at the ​NBUS​ challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome card! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embossed background is the perfect setting for the metallic sentiment. I love how you've kept the design simple and very elegant. Great job, Sharon.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on several challenges! Love the way you use the sketch and our code word. Thanks so much for playing along at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job keeping that sketch CAS, Sharon, and the finished card is outstanding and perfect for the "Gift" challenge! I also am over the moon with your second NBUS #6 entry in those rich and vibrant sunset colors all wrapped up in a pretty bow!!

    Thank you so much for playing twice! I'm sorry I'm so very late in coming by to comment. Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elegant! I like the snowflake strip, thank you for sharing with ATCAS

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.