Instagram

9 Apr 2016

Less is More 271 - One Layer Card with Geometric Pattern

Hello there! Thanks for dropping in.
 
My goodness, the last 2 weeks have completely flown by!
 
I am back from my Easter break to the UK but I'm sure that before I know what has happened I'll be back over there for my daughter's wedding.  I had a wonderful time with my girls and grandchildren. It really was fun spending so much time with them.
 
Anyhow, one of the main reasons for the trip was to track down that 'Mother of the Bride' outfit that I just could not find here in Portugal.  I found it too! Phew!  Just need to work on the suntan to go with it now. ;-)
 
Well, enough chitter chatter, let's get down to business.
 
It's time for another Less is More challenge and it's the dreaded 
One Layer Card challenge week.
This time we want to see an
OLC with a geometric pattern. 
 
This week I only have 3 DT examples for you.
 
My first card is one of my favourites. I just love how the embossing folder makes the card so tactile. This one was made by embossing the bottom of the card at an angle using the We R Memory Keepers Next Level Geometric embossing folder. It was then sponged in Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry distress inks.  The sentiment is a line sentiment from Clarity Stamps and I added 4 tiny gems to finish it off.  I'm entering this into Stamplorations April Sketch. I've only used the sketch and not the theme on this entry (stamplorations sketch image is at the bottom of this post)

 
 
My second card is a little more delicate and has such a wonderful sheen to it. I used a mica mask from That Special Touch called Trellis. Versamark ink was applied through a masked off area of the mica mask and then Perfect Pearls Powder in Berry Twist, Interference Red, Turquoise and Forever Blue was brushed onto the versamark before the mask was removed.  The perfect pearls were sprayed with a Deler Rowney Perfix Colourless Fixative. The JustRite Sympathy Vintage Labels sentiment was inked in Versacolour 19 Cyan. I.m entering this into Everybody Art Challenge - Pastels
 

Finally, I made a really quick card with the Clarity Stamps Letterbox kits. The hexagon outlines were stamped in Butterscotch Adirondack. The hexagon infills were stamped in Sunshine Yellow Adirondack. The letters were stamped in Pitch Black Adirondack. Finally, drop shadows were added to the hexagons using Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone Distress Markers. Entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday (they are 7 years old - CONGRATULATIONS!!). Double D Challenge - Yellow a happy place to be. And Little Red Wagon Challenge  - Celebrate
Well, that's my cards, and there are some amazing examples for you to look at on the challenge blog and even more on the design teams' personal blogs so I do hope that you will visit them all.
 
Thank you for stopping by.  I do hope you'll leave me a little comment so that I know you've been and I'll come over to see you too (I have more time to do that now I am back from my break!)
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx
 

Card 1

http://stamplorations.blogspot.pt/2016/04/april-challenge.html
 

Card 2

 

Card 3

SSSWC - Happy Birthday
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
 
Double D Challenge - Yellow
http://daranddiane.blogspot.pt/
 
Little Red Wagon - Celebrate
http://lilredwagon.blogspot.pt/
 
 
 
 
 

35 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant collection Sharon and so inspirational. Love the happy birthday hexagons... That's so fun and unique plus the first one... Those next level embossing folders are just awesome aren't they and you've worked it perfectly. Glad you found the outfit and I'm sure the sun tan wont be too tricky! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Sharon. You've created super dimension on the hexagons ... I had to look twice as I thought they were layers!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the fist cad is so effective, I had to come and see how you did it on one layer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Sharon love the colours you have used
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous inspiration as usual. The first card is just wow! Glad you managed to find a suitable outfit, I hope you bring some of the sun back with you for the wedding. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and creative cards...thank you for joining our Double D 'YELLOW' challenge!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful CAS inspiration (something I struggle with so thanks bunches). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘YELLOW’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! The cas design is cool. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your DTcard on the Less is More challenge & had to pop over to you ... what a fab card! Love the dimension it gives & great colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful designs. Thanks so much for joining us at Double D "Yellow" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All fab designs, great inspiration,
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely designs for inspirations!!!!
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely set of cards, love the first one as it's purple and tactile, the second is my favorite though

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to use the embossing folder...great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous set of cards, the first one is a real stunner. The stamping technique at the third card is fantastic, it has a fabby dimension to it.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sharon what a fab collection, all super but I am blown away by your vividly inked embossed card.

    So glad your MoB outfit is sorted, you can look forward to a wonderful day now

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are fabulous. So very creative. Loving that embossing folder on your first card and the way you've blended the colours. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three very different but fabulously CAS cards, Sharon. Those hexagons are such fun, love the way they are staggered across the card. And wow, that colour blend with the next level EF looks amazing, need to add more of those EFs to my wishlist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with Anita on this one - I NEED the Next Level embossing folders. All of them!!! Your cards are gorgeous, such lush colours on the first one and lovely shimmery pastels on the second. The third one is really eye catching and the yellow shades are fantastic. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Your geometric design is stunning! Thanks foe inspiring!
    Do drop in and play Paru's Card Making Challenges ..'Anything Goes' April Challenge.
    http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/2016/04/april-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is an amazing embossing folder and gives such a 3d effect - love it! Great geometric designs this week. Glad to hear that your trip over here went well and that you got the all important outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Three totally different cards and all lovely but I was totally wowed by the 3d look of your first one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving your cards Sharon, especially the first one .... it look really dimensional !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving your cards Sharon, especially the first one .... it look really dimensional !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving your cards Sharon, especially the first one .... it look really dimensional !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving your cards Sharon, especially the first one .... it look really dimensional !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your cards, especially the first one, I must try that technique. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This challenge had me stumped for a bit! Love the color scheme of your first card and your fun take (all 3) on the geometric design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Giiiiiiiirl - you are a CAS expert. That first card took my breath away. It's textural & gorgeous (and is now totally on my Pinterest board). You have such a way with white space. I'm a happy new follower of your blog!
    Oh- and thanks for sharing your creativity with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous CAS cards Sharon! I love the embossing folder you've used and the colours really pop.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for our special 7th Birthday challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Sharon, thanks for the visit, loving this challenge too. Your geometric patterns are brill. Away to have a think! It's been a busy week but hoping for some down time to play now.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. OLCs are up there with CAS in my book of crafting disasters. I am in awe of anyone who can pull it off and you have done a stellar job, Sharon. You have just convinced me that crafting is meaningless without WRMK's swanky new folders. Having the design in a corner with such striking colours is a double coup. Well done, you!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such fabulous CAS cards - the designs are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow three fab cards here Sharon, loving them all.Glad you got your mother of the bride outfit....I remember the panic when I had to do that too! you must show us photo's of the big day ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.