4 Jun 2016

Less is More 279 - Use Some Purple

Hi there.
 
How are you on this fine day?  Enjoying your weekend, I hope.
 
Well, it's Saturday, it's 8 o'clock and its time for a new
 
The challenge we are introducing you to today is a nice colour challenge:
Use some Purple.
 
This month we have 2 sponsors
 
 
http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/
 
http://www.diestodiefor.com/
 
 
As usual I have a trio of cards to share with you today.
 
First up is a card that uses a Stamplorations clear stamp set. This is going to be a really useful set to use because there are lots of journey related phrases to be made from the elements in the set.

A Tim Holtz ideaology mini mask called Compass was adhered to a  piece of white linen card and seedless preserves distress ink was brushed over it using one of those brushes that Clarity Stamps sell.

Then one of the phrases from the stamplorations clear stamp set called Journey was inked in seedless preserves on another piece of cardstock and I cut round the sentiment. 

Both items were fixed to the card blank with 3d foam pads.

I'm entering this one into:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Monochrome
Crafty Cardmakers #165 - Monochrome


 
Next is a Christmas themed card. Very simple to make.


A piece of card was embossed with the eBosser Regency embossing folder. I thought it looked a bit like Christmas baubles which is why I turned it into a Christmas card.

A purple ribbon and bow were added to that embossed card to make it look like a present.

A tiny Christmas sentiment was added using the Marianne Design Collectables sentiment and die set No COL1325. It was inked in Memento Grape Jelly.

Finally some sequins were added for a little bit of bling and the whole 'present' was mounted onto a card blank using 3d foam tape.

I'm entering this into:
Cuttlebug Mania challenge - embossing
Craft-Dee BowZ monthly challenge - Anything goes with a handmade bow.


 
Now, this last one may not strictly be CAS (or at least certainly not CAS enough for a LIM DT card) as there is a little too much going on.
 
 I do struggle with keeping a good deal of white space - and I'm sure there are lots of other people who struggle like me. Anyhow, I liked the way this card turned out so I decided to share it with you anyway.

I used a piece of watercolour paper and watercolour-washed it with some picked raspberry and wilted violet distress ink to create a moody evening sky.

The houses are a Marianne Creatables die No LR0353 cut out in a deep purple card.

I added a piece of bright yellow post-it note behind the houses and then blanked out all the windows except for one house with Black soot distress marker.

The sentiment is made up from Tattered Lace words.




Well, that's it from me this week. Do hop over to our challenge blog for some magic created by the rest of the DT - and sometimes they have more inspiration on their personal blogs too.
 
Shortly after this post goes live I will be heading off on our 3 day road and sea trip back to the UK for the wedding.  We're taking the car with us this time so that I can stock up on crafty items we can bring back a few things we find it hard to source in Portugal. ;-)   I'm taking a laptop with me so that I can keep up with commenting on your entries into our challenge.
 
Thanks so much for your visit. I hope you will leave me a little comment to let me know you've been (even if it is only to tell me off for adding that last card! ha! ha!)
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

19 comments:

  1. Definitely NOT going to tell you off for adding the last card because it's gorgeous! What a beautiful background you created. I love all three cards. The 'present' one was a great idea and looks very luxurious. And the Seedless Preserves DI sets off the compass perfectly on the first card. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning trio as always Sharon. Love the delicate inky stencilling on the first one, your Christmas card is a treat with that deep purple ribbon and how clever. Your last one is so atmospheric and I'm not shouting at you for adding it. It's fabulous - love, love, love the sneaky clever idea with the yellow post-it note!!! I'll have to remember that one. Have a wonderful trip and wedding and looking forward to seeing the photos. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely trio of purpleness this morning, Sharon! Love the soft inking on the first card and the rich purple ribbon against the crisp white of your second. If you last card isn't CAS enough then I am guilty too! Love the pop of yellow behind the windows. I hope your journey goes smoothly and the wedding is wonderful - I am sure it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love purple and love all of the trio, Sharon, but perhaps last best, but the middle CAS isgorgeous too, that's for sure, well done!!!
    Oh, and enjoy your crafty shopping too ;-)
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab purple cards here Sharon, so vibrant too.Safe journey, enjoy the wedding and we will want to see photo's too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are so pretty. Love that watercoloring on the last card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are so pretty. Love that watercoloring on the last card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon
    Fabulous cards... Love the last one ... Stunning
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are all so pretty and I absolutely love the purple colors. You captured our theme so well! Fabulous job. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. All really lovely creations!
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all, the last one may not be totally CAS, but it is beautiful. Enjoy your trip. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah! My favourite is the last, just to be contrary lol! What a stunning selection of cards. Enjoy your trip x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous trio of cards. I particularly like the last one.
    Thank you for entering your first card into my Monochrome challenge at CCM. Good Luck and hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All beautiful and so different. Love the sky on the last one. On a scale of cards, I'd say its definitely down at the CAS end (and is probably my favourite!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three fabulous cards. The last one may not be quite as CAS as the first two, but it is just stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, Sharon, I'm a little late to the party this week! I hope your trip went/is going well. And your cards are fabulous, I love that rich purple ribbon against the embossed white background...and oh, that sky on no. 3 is amazing, I'm not going to shout at you for adding it either, it's beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful entry for our Cuttlebug Mania Challenge Sharon - and I love your other cards too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab trio of cards all so different ,love them
    Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck
    Tracey X

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.