Instagram

3 Dec 2016

Less is More 305 - Primary Colours

Hi there,
 
How are you today? Hopefully really good.  Can you believe that it is December already? That sure came around quickly this year!
 
Anyway, its time to introduce the new challenge over at
 
As it is the first challenge of the month we are in our COLOUR week and we're after those PRIMARY colours this time around.
 
Also, for the month of December we have a new sponsor in UNICO stamps.
 
We have 2 guest designers this week: Bev and KathyK. I hope you will pop over and leave them some love too.
 
It really would've been rude not to use a set of Unico stamps on one of my 3 DT inspiration pieces this week so let's kick off with that card.

1) Birthday Balloons


This is a quick and fun card to do.
 
I'd like to enter this one in at:
 Get Creative Challenge - Birthday Celebrations (they also have a DT call on if you are interested)
 

The balloon stamps and strings are from the Unico set Balloon Bash. The Sentiment is from the Unico Simply Said Birthday set.I've stamped in distress inks in festive berries, broken china and mustard seed.  the balloon highlights, which aren't showing up too well were stamped in Versacolour Ultimate Pigment Ink in white.

2) Merry & Bright


I had to include one Christmas Card too, didn't I ? Simple and easy to do and it suits both men and women!
 
I'd like to pop this in at:
Crafty Cardmakers - Christmas
Make My Monday - CAS Christmas (a 2nd entry)
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge - Masculine Christmas card

I've used pearlised card for the card base, the rectangle mat and the embossed panel.  The bottom of the panel was first cut with a deckle edge die (a rectangular sizzix die was used and it was partially cut) before running the panel through the swiss dots embossing folder. I actually quite like that the panel looks torn. The mat was cut from one of the smaller nesting deckled rectangles.  The sentiment has been die cut using Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Words Script Thinlets.
 

3) Space Birthday

This card could be used for anyone who loves space and it fits that hard to do category...cards for men and boys. And this one took less than 10 minutes to make!
 
I'd like to pop this one in at Oh La La Creations Challenge - Birthday Celebrations
Stampin Royalty - Clean and Simple

The IndigoBlu stamp called Bubbles Background was inked with sailboat blue Adirondak ink and immediately after stamping it was covered with WOW! Clear Sparkle embossing glitter then heat embossed. The sentiment from WOW! Just Sayin' set was stamped in the same blue ink.


Normal colouring pencils were used to colour in a few of the circles to make them look like planets. (I bought a 36 colouring pencils set from WH Smith when I was back in the UK and I am loving them!). The panel was added to a blue card blank. Three of the small stars from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Festive Scribbles set were die cut and added with bits of 3d foam pads.
 
Don't forget to visit my fellow teamies for more amazing primary colours inspirations from the link HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again next week.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

13 comments:

  1. Three super cards, Sharon. Loving the overlapping colours of your balloons and all that white space. A gorgeously bright Christmas card, and your last one is so clever, I love the shading from your pencils....and I didn't realise I even had those stars! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Sharon! I love the way you've combined the bright colours with a feel of movement and energy in the shapes/layouts. It works so well and looks absolutely fantastic. The deckle edge of the panel on the second card is a super touch, and those stars on card 3... <3 LOVE! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just brilliant Sharon and love to see you showcasing your uniko goodies! Love the space card and can't believe you put that together in 10 minutes! So effective and brilliant use of those pencils, those planets are definitely realistic with your wonderful shading. Have a great week! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and fun designs this week, Sharon! I love the Uniko balloons floating away on your first card and the bright pop of your multi-coloured sentiment on your second. I think the third card is my absolute favourite though....love the texture, shading and those funky stars :) Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent card designs for the primary theme, Sharon! This will be a fun challenge at LIM and I think your makes are going to be winners at the other challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous trio and super lovely to see you using Uniko stamps on your first card. I think my favourite is the third card, loving that grungy stamped bubble pattern and how you have added the pops of red and yellow. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous CAS card Sharon, I love that stamp and hows you have glittered it. Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon.Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masculine card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS card. Thanks for joining in the fun at MMM. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific set of card. Particularly love the one with the indigo blue background, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely set of cards, thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set of cards, but the last one is still my fav, fab layout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab selection of cards Sharon, I think my fav is the last one, love that blue space background with the stars and planets ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.