Instagram

18 Feb 2017

Less is More #316 - Alphabet



Hello there friends!

Lovely to have you pop back this week.  We're continuing the birthday celebrations at Less is More  with yet another fun challenge:


And the sponsor for birthday week 3 is:
Store: http://stamplorations.com/
Blog: http://stamplorations.blogspot.com

The fabulous Shery from Stamplorations has joined us as guest designer this week and her card is gorgeous.  Please do take some time to hop over to her blog to leave some comment love.

Don't forget to visit the rest of the LIM DT too because they have also made some brilliant cards for this challenge. You can get to their blogs through the main challenge site HERE.

On to my cards - just the 2 from me today.



1) Birthday Rose


My first thought when seeing the challenge theme was 'Yikes! I don't have any alphabet stamps so I'd best use some alphabet die cut letters'. I like the way the white letters 'pop' against the flower on this card.
Ha ha! After I made this card I remembered I DO have alphabet stamps!! doh!

STAMPS: Altenew Majestic Bloom & Halftone Happy
DISTRESS INKS: spun sugar, picked raspberry, festive berries, fossilised amber, walnut stain
OTHER: Stickles - Star Dust, 3d foam pads, Die Cut Letters

I'd like to pop this one in at:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Fantastic florals
Make My Monday #39 - Shimmer and Shine
CAS(E) this Sketch - Sketch 209

 

2) Birthday Love


So once I remembered those alphabet stamps it was time to get out a NBUS stamp set that I have had for 6 years! Shame on me for not using it before!!! I went through a phase of buying a few alphabet stamp sets thinking I  would use them to personalise cards. Hmmm ..... that actually never happened.

Glad I remembered those stamps now. Isn't this just the cutest patterned alphabet? And doing a bit of random stamping was such fun.


STAMPS: Hero Arts pattern alphabet. Wow! just sayin' stamp set 41
INKS: Versacolor 19 cyan, 34 orchid, 37 lavender, 157 amethyst, 182, bisque
OTHER: white linen card, clear Wink of Stella, 3d foam pads

I'd like to enter this into
Addicted to Stamps and More! #229 - Clean and Simple
Cute Card Thursday #465 - No patterned paper
Retro Rubber RRCB56 - old stamps and use a birthday theme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for dropping in today. I do hope to see you again real soon and that you get time to join us this week.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

23 comments:

  1. Two beauties here Sharon, love the fantastic colouring of the bloom and those letters certainly pop on the top. Wonderful sparkly detail too. Then you made me smile with the second one and how you've had that set for 6 years. Don't we just collect / buy so much and then forget what we have! Occupational hazard I'd say! Have a fab week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pop of the white letters against that awesome flower! So cheerful and full of impact. The alphabet stamps are so pretty - you must use them again soon. They looks great in the different colours peeking out from under the top panel. Beautiful! Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That majestic bloom looks gorgeous, Sharon! I love how the white letters pop against the rich tones of the flower. The alphabet stamps on your second card are so fun and would make a really striking focal point in a sentiment too. Great ideas! Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a stunning first card. Love the white sentiment against the fabulous flower. Fun second card and cute alphabet stamps. Thank you for the inspiration as I hadn't thought of alphabet stamps only the dies...for some reason! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word Sharon, these stamps are far too lovely to have languished for six years! Or at least, you've made them so! I'm a fan of white space and I like how you've textured it or used textured cardstock and such pretty colours too. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. both cards look so brilliant and stylish!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gogorgeous colouring and glitter added to the wonderful flowers. A beautiful, classic and elegant card. Thanks for sharing at Make My Monday. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Sharon ! Love this majestic bloom and with these vibrant colours your letters really pop up wonderfully ! I can see that your alphabet stamp set remained NBUS as long as mine ! 😀Another fabulous card ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I adore that first card with its sparkle and shine and the colours! Your second card is very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such terrific cards...that patterned alphabet set is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab cards Sharon, the second is a clever take on the theme.
    So pleased you joined us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon, I think I might have some 6 year old NBUS too (the shame). Love the card you made using the alphabet stamps, really clean and would suit a man or a woman. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red flower on the background which makes the sentiment pop. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Fantastic Floral Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fantastic colourful bright CAS creations especially love the first with its zingy colours and touch of sparkle.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card, love both of them. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I think we can all relate to having things in our stash we forget about. I often find something after a challenge that would have been perfect, all because I forgot I had it! Loving the bright bloom and those alphabet stamps are fab and quirky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both wonderful cards! Great CAS style designs! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! I hope you will join us for the new challenge this week too! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your first card is a real stunner. Gorgeous colours on the amazing flower and so eye catching against the white. Elegant second card. Thank you so much for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a gorgeous bloom, Sharon and beautifully coloured. Your second card is so pretty with the soft colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunnng cards again Sharon, I just love that pretty flower too;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a clever idea! Great colors too! Love it! Thanks so much for doing the RR challenge!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  22. CAS and those letters really pop against the red flower! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber challenge, come again soon!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.