25 Feb 2017

Less is More #317 - Sketch 19



Hello there! It's great to see you here again. Thank you so much for popping by.Well, it's that time of the week again.... time time to share with you my DT makes for the next challenge over at the Less is More challenge blog.

I have 3 cards to share today.

It is also the last week of our '6th birthday month' so we have another sponsor in:

http://www.uniko.co.uk/shop/
 
and the incredibly talented Bev has joined us as a guest designer. What a beauty of a card she made. Do please pop over to her blog to leave some warm and fuzzy commenting love for her. I'm sure the rest of the LIM DT would also appreciate a visit from you too - we all love to see what you say about our makes.

Anyway, the challenge this time is:


 
 



1) True to the sketch


This first card is absolutely true to the layout of the sketch. Clean lines and citrus colours - just stamping and fussy cutting and a die cut circle. A great 5 minute card to make.


STAMPS: Unico - flower power 1
DISTRESS INKS: Twisted Citron, mowed lawn, fossilised amber
OTHER: white linen card, String that I dyed green, gold gem.

I'd like to pop this one in at
Crafty Sentiments  - Spring
Crafting By Designs - It's Almost Spring

2) Mirror image hibiscus


Here I decided to do a mirror image of the sketch in some loose, washy but hot colours of distress ink and a bit of bling embossing.



STAMPS: Unico - Paradise
DISTRESS STAINS: Dried marigold, spiced marmalade, worn lipstick, picked raspberry, festive berries
INKS: Hobbycraft burgundy, Stayzon saddle brown, Versamark clear.
EMBOSSING POWDER: WOW! Clear sparkle
OTHER: Watercolour paper, splatter brush, misti, picket fence distress marker, white crayon

I'd like to pop this one in at
Ikes World Challenge #82 - Anything goes with at twist of Nature
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Let's get messy (Inks/Paint etc)

3) Flipped in a panel


Finally I flipped the sketch both on the vertical and horizontal axis and used it in a panel on a larger card. Just heat embossing, doodling and die cut sentiment on the panel but a pretty elegant feel nonetheless.



STAMPS: Cadence craft - cannot see a name on the stamp set
DIE: Altenew - majestic bloom die set
EMBOSSING POWDER - WOW! Opaque Bright White superfine
OTHER: Silver glitter card, silver pearlescent card, white linen card, Versamarker embossing pen, 3d foam pads

I'd like to pop this one in at:
City Crafter #350 - Stitching faux or real
Stampavie and More #281 - Embossing heat or dry


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I've only just noticed that 3 more amazing 'friends' have decided to follow me - shame on me for not noticing before! Thank you so much for your support; it is lovely to count you as new friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for coming over to visit today.
I hope these cards will inspire you to join us at the LIM challenge this week

Take care and have a great week.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

22 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous Sharon, and your productivity is putting me to shame! I love the colours of the first card with their fresh, spring-like feel. The second card is incredibly vibrant and pretty with the hot pinks and oranges and sparkle... love it! And the elegance of card 3 is quite breathtaking. It would be perfect design for a wedding invitation or save the date etc. So beautiful and stylish! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous selection of cards Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all lovely, I LOVE the second card the colours are amazing.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three gorgeous cards in a row and you nailed our theme! I love the CAS design and lots of white are turning your flower in a fab focal point. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card projects ! Amazing!
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... and here's me thinking you've had a crazy hectic week yet you still manage to create 3 stunners for this week's challenge Sharon! Love each of these, especially your Uniko showcases - it's always fab to see how other folks use these stamps and you've worked your super magic as ever! Full of yummy colours, neat techniques and brilliant takes on the sketch too. Have a wonderful week. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you have used the sketch in different ways, Sharon - something I always struggle with! Great use of Uniko images too - love the fresh colours on the first but the hot colours on the second card look amazing with the added bling :) Lots of inspiration as ever x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness me three cards ! It took me all day to make one and all of them so different especially love the first with the zingy colours and stitching.Thanks so much for playing along this week at CCCB.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sentiments on these have captured my heart, it's so nice to know someone is there even when you struggle to know what to say. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so beautiful and I am so pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday with your 'Warm Greetings'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been busy this week. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards - congratulations!
    Good luck!

    Borqna - IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever demonstrations of the sketch - I love the hibiscus one best. Gorgeous citrus card :-D
    Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three cards again! You're on fire, lady! Three super and different cards, love the citrus shades, the warm tones with the sparkle look gorgeous, and what a great idea to use the sketch as a panel mounted onto a card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW ! What a gorgeous trio ! And this is so cool to see the different ways we can use the sketch ! I love all of them but I think my favourite one is the hibiscus ! I love how you design this card ! As always a lot of inspiration with these beauties ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  18. I particularly like the citrus green card. It caught my eye immediately. Great idea to use thread.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three cards Sharon, wow well done! can't choose a fav either as I love all three equally ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of these are great but I must choose the second for my favorite: such creative use of sentiment stamps and fab, artistic look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really fab cards! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Stampavie and More!

    Hugs, Marja
    Stampavie and More DT
    http://tahrojakuviopaperilla.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.