1 Apr 2017

Less is More #322 - use 3 pastels

Hello friends! Here's hoping today finds you all happy and well and raring to go with the next Less is More Challenge.  It's week one of the month (crikey - that's another month flown by!) so that means it is colour week and we have a new sponsor for the month.

 Disclaimer



Once again I have 3 cards to share.

1) Happy Flowers


I've seen several cards like this around blogland, Pinterest and Instagram so I thought I'd get some old peg stamps out and try the technique in pastel shades of yellow, pink and sage green. It was great to see how fast this one came together. Think I'll make a few cards like this in different colour ways to keep in my stash.


STAMPS:Habico Tropical flowers peg stamps, Birthday sentiment from Hero Arts Irreverant birthday messages.
INKS: VersaColor in pink and sage and a Marvy blending blox for the lemon.
OTHER: White Linen card, 3d foam pads, letters cut on ScanNcut.  I cut 4 of each letter and layered them up stamping on the top letter only.

This card is for:
Crafty Cardmakers #185 - Spring into Spring
Incy Wincy Designs - Happy Birthday

2) Pastel Butterfly

This card uses smudged distress crayons.

My camera decided that it didn't really want to pick up the white embossing on this card which is a shame because it looks lovely in real life. I will really have to take some photography lessons, won't I?


STAMPS: Concord & 9th Butterfly Beauty
DISTRESS CRAYONS: Spun sugar, squeezed lemonade, tumbled glass
DIES: Dienamics Inside out stitch rectangles stax.
OTHER: Versamark clear ink, Personal Impressions opaque white embossing powder, smooth white card, 3d foam pads.

With that one I'm heading over to:
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - Things with wings
Make My Monday #42 - White embossing
Crafty Creations #338 - Anything Goes

3) Baby Balloon Basket with Blanket and Bows!


Phew! There are loads of "B's" there for one of the challenges that I'm entering this into.

Here I've used a beautiful image from our sponsor this month simply coloured with colouring pencils. I love using colouring pencils because they give so much texture on linen card or paper (as you can see on this card) and they are very cheap to buy and replace!!

These are three colours I would never normally put together, but they work so well for a gender neutral baby card - a great one to have in your stash.



STAMP: Lili of the Valley Balloon Basket
OTHER: Linen card, colouring pencils, quickie glue pen, crystal glamour dust ( added on the border on the card blank for a splash of sparkle), 3d Foam Pads.

I'm popping this card in at:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Friends Challenge - B is for.........(on my card B  is for BALLOONS, BASKET, BLANKET, BOWS and BABY!!
As You Like It - Favourite colouring medium (and why)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click on THIS LINK to see some amazing inspiration from the LIM design team
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was so lovely to see you here today. I hope you found something you liked and would love to see you entering the challenge this week.

Hugs,
Sharon

21 comments:

  1. Three fabulous cards Sharon! I love the stamped sentiment technique and this is such a pretty, classy looking card <3 The smudged distress crayon butterflies are such a gorgeous pop of rich colour and beautifully vibrant. And your final card is adorable with the sweet scene and yummy texture from the linen card stock - fantastic! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey someone's been super busy with the pastel colours Sharon. Love each of these and the complete CAS look of your first one is simply jaw-dropping. I've been swooning over the baby one as soon as I saw it but you've obviously had a couple of beauties up your sleeve to wow us even more. Superb ideas and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty series of pastel cards. Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Happy Birthday Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello... it’s so lovely to see you have shared one of your gorgeous cards with us. Thank you for entering your Baby card into our ‘B is for…’ Challenge. Your other cards are beautiful too. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are stunning Sharon but I really love the white on white you are sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. So gorgeous, especially with that touch of colour from the flower stamp. Thank you for joining us. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my you have been busy! These cards are all so pretty and love how they are very different! Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tree fabulous cards Sharon, love the softness and colours used on all. Particularly love the baby card, just so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness these are all so gorgeous Sharon!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them :-) 💕

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you have definitely rocked pastels, Sharon!! I loved that sweet baby image - the colouring looks beautiful on the linen card but your clever stamping on the sentiment of the first card is so classy. I have just got that concord butterfly and not inked it up yet so you have inspired me to get that out too. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Sharon, you have been a real busy bee ! And they are all so gorgeous ! Love this BBBwBaB card, this stamp set is so cute ! And I totally agree with you, the coloured pencils are so great on linen paper, they highlight even more the texture of the paper ! Your butterfly is just gorgeous with these pretty colours and I love how you embossed your sentiment over the same shade of colours ! But I must admit that my favourite is your first card ! What a stunning card ! I love the CAS design and the softness of this card ! J'adore ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three beautiful CAS cards and they all fit our theme for this month! Thanks for sharing your creation(s) with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic trio of cards Sharon! Love the happy flowers card. I've actually never seen that until now. I'll have to give that a try. And I saw your baby card on IG. Love those colours your used. They work beautifully of this sweet baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THese are so pretty, amazing coloring. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards and I love the first Happy Birthday one it is stunning, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow all your cards are amazing. I really love the baby card and the texture you got on the paper. Thanks for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous, Sharon. I've seen similar cards to your first one and this is a stunning example so really must try it, love those little peg stamps you've used. Gorgeous use of your distress crayons on your second, and the third is so beautiful. I really must try pencils on linen card and I love the added sparkle on your border too, great work xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome technique. CAS and yet, so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us this time at Crafty Cardmakers.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.