Instagram

13 May 2017

Less is More # 328 - Spots and Stripes



Hello there! How've you been this past week? Feeling good?  I hope so.

We've had a bit of rain in the Algarve so I made the most of it and holed myself up in my craft room spending the time creating cutting files, text files, and learning the settings I need for my ScanNcut.  I've had it since Christmas and have used it a little bit each week but I've never had any solid time to dedicate to it until now. It has been bliss!

Anyway, you're here for the next Less is More challenge, aren't you?  The cue card this week is:

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/

 One layer week again! My those weeks seem to come around so fast.

This week we are joined by our March winner as our guest designer and that is the talented Sue from Sue's Card Craft. Her card is beautiful so please pop over to see her to leave her some love.

I have 3 really quick and easy cards to share with you.

1) Celebrate Your Day


Here's a 5 minute card that uses a little bit of masking for the stripes and the bokeh technique for the spots. I love how the bokeh technique gives the illusion of depth.


STAMPS: Circles: Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash. Sentiment: Papertrey Ink
INKS: Versamark Vintage Sepia, VersaColor 56 Cinnamon. 182 Bisqe, 80 Ultimate White. Distress Inks Old Paper and Antique Linen
OTHER: Sequins, post it notes and cream card

I'm heading over to the following challenges with that card:
Art Impressions Stamp Challenge #208 - Dots and Stripes
Crafty Cardmakers #188 - Add a Sentiment
Crafty Girls Creations #36 - Anything Goes
Fairy Tale Challenge #168 - Sentiment in focus

2) Flower Power


Again, a really quick card to make. The flower was repeat stamped using two different coloured variegated ink pads. The stamp already has the stripes in the leaves so it was simply a case of adding white spots to the flowers with a gelly roll pen to make this fit the challenge. I think that gives the flowers a fun look.


STAMPS: Uniko Flower Power 2
INKS: Marvy Dee Gruenig Blending Blox in shades of pink and shades of green
OTHER: Sakura Gelly Roll Pen #08 (for the white spots on flowers), smooth white card.

That card is for:
Addicted to stamps and more! #241 - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge #179 - Flowers and a sentiment
Incy Wincy Designs - Clean and Simple (a second entry)
Make My Monday Challenges #45 - May Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Going Dotty

3) Laugh Out Loud


Yes....I've given in and bought another stamp set with slightly naughty sentiments. So many possibilities with this set - I love the one that says 'smile while you still have teeth!' -  really appeals to my sense of humour.  This one was simply stamped with a little bit of masking and 3 coloured pencils were used to colour in.


STAMPS: Clearly Besotted Laugh Out Loud
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
OTHER: White Linen Card, Red, Blue and Grey colouring pencils.

I'm popping that one in at:
Crafting From The Heart #158 - Anything Goes
Double D Challenge -  Red, White Blue - optional stars and stripes (I didn't get the star in)

Seize the Birthday - Anything goes


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll take a peek at the challenge blog to see what my teamies have done with this theme (there's loads of good stuff on there).

Hope you have a chance to join us.

I'm off to Seville for a short break this week - soooooo looking forward to it. We have not had a holiday (apart from trips back home to the UK) since we started decorating our old house to sell so that we could move over here - that would've been over three and a half years ago! You could say that I'm a little bit giddy about this trip. ;-)

Hope your week will be wonderful.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

29 comments:

  1. Love that bokeh effect. And the cas design of the gift boxes with the super sentiment is so effective, enjoy Seville I believe it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous floral card, love the variegated inks. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another bundle of fantastic beauty Sharon. Love that exotic bokeh effect and a neat and clever way to create spots and stripes. Your Uniko flowers are fabulous ... and another set I decided I couldn't use for this week! LOL! Then WOW your CBS Laugh out Loud is so delish! I've got that set too but didn't think to use it! Arrrgh! Love those naughty sentiments but then don't seem to have the nerve to send them to anyone!!! Enjoy your trip away and hope the weather is good. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three such wonderful and different cards, Sharon! I love that bokeh effect - it looks so dreamy and rich on your first card and the Uniko blooms really pop too. The sarky sentiment just makes me laugh and the little pile of packages is perfect for the spots and stripes theme. Great inspiration on each design. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Seville x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all fabulous but I love your design for our challenge! I struggle with 'less is more' style so thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Red, White & Blue’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun set of cards, all so different in style and all absolutely great! I love the elegant look of your first card, great job with masking! Your third card makes me laugh, very funny sentiment... And I think you can't get any more CAS brilliant than this card is! Super! Enjoy your trip, sounds like you totally deserve it, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards and easy to recreate. Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Clean & Simple Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three beautiful cards. The masking and bokeh effect on the first one looks amazing! Great idea to make the spots on your flowers and the third card is so visually interesting whilst being very CAS. I do hope you have a lovely, relaxing break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great floral card! lovely colour choice.

    Great to see you joining in our flowers challenge over at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing Sharon. You are so inspirational. The Bokeh card is so elegant. Love the bright colours of your flower card. And your last card is so fun and cute. Great job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card, I like the striped leaves! Thanks for sharing at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet trio of fabulous cards...just adorable. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific cards! Great inspiration, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous CAS card for our challenge!!! Thanks so much for playing along at Double D!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! That bokeh technique... fab-u-lous! What a super classy and elegant look, like a really posh wedding invitation! Love it. The flowers are a brilliant match for the challenge and the white dots look like they were part of the stamping so you've done a really neat job there. The parcels card not only looks great but also made me giggle :D I need that sentiment in my life! Have a fab rest of the weekend/week x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a crisp and beautiful CAS card. Love the layout and the colours, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful CAS cards. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
    Kathy DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Cards! Nice masking idea! Thanks for showing it for the fairytale challenge.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry for being late commenting but have been on a week's holiday interstate. Love your CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart Challenges.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another gorgeous trio of cards Susan ! They are all wonderful and so perfectly CAS ! I love your first card and I will have to search how to do the bokeh technique. I've already seen some cards but I never tried ! Love your "May" flowers too, so fresh and so vibrant, at first view I though the dots were already on the stamp ! And your last card is fabulous and the sentiment is great (also love the one you mentioned : smile while you still have teeth! - So funny !). Sorry for the late comment and enjoy your week's holiday in Sevilla !

    ReplyDelete
  23. All three cards are so pretty and creative! Your bokeh card is really elegant and I love the sentiment on the last birthday card, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What great cards and such fabulous ideas.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am in love with your flower power Happy Birthday card
    so sweeeet and the color so vibrant
    lovely CAS card
    Many thanks to joining with us this time at ATSM
    hugs
    Monika (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry for being late again! What terrific designs, Sharon. Masked stripes, now why didn't I think of that?! Love your bokeh effect in the neutral tones, so stylish. Your flowers are so fun with the added dots, and I love your coloured pencils on the last textured card base. I must try that. I used the same stamp set for our previous stripe challenge and I love how different your card looks, these sets are so versatile I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun array of cards -- that sentiment cracks me up! Thanks for joining in at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all your cards. Very creative. Thanks for joining Crafty Cardmakers "Add A Sentiment" Challenge.

    Peggy T. DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like CAS cards - these are very elegant!Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.