10 Jun 2017

Less is More # 332 - One Layer Card - Sweet Things



Hellooooooo! How are you? Feeling good?  I am.

I love it when summer really arrives and we've been basking in temperatures of over 30 degrees this week in the Algarve. Not that I am one to bake in the sun...oh no! I spend a lot of time indoors or in the shade - but I love to feel the heat on my skin as I move from an inside area to an outside area. It always reminds me of being on holiday to feel that warmth.

Anyway, enough of that, you're here to find out about the latest Less is More challenge aren't you?

It's that fun One Layer Card week and we want to see you featuring sweet things. Gosh - there are so many possibilities with this theme.

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/

Once again I managed 3 cards so let's take a look at them.

1) SWEET AS HONEY


There really is nothing sweeter than honey, is there?  So using that as inspiration this card was made with a bit of stamping, masking and stencilling then adding a tiny bit of glamour dust for some twinkle.

This card is headed for:
Crafting By Design - Black, White and one other colour
Crafty Creations #343 - Anything goes
Create and Makes Challenge Blog #12 - Anything goes with an option of use yellow




STAMPS: Clearly Besotted In Print and Hero Arts Irreverent Birthday Messages
STENCIL: Tim Holtz Collection Layering Stencil Honeycomb
INKS: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks in squeezed lemonade, mustard seed and wild honey
OTHER: Crystal Glamour Dust, Quickie glue pen, White linen card, masking tape


2) SWEET WATER


I think I'm still in that summer mood after our Neapolitan ice cream colours last week. I've created a summer drink card that reminds me of lazy warm days having picnics!

Here I've used a couple of fruit stamps to represent some sweet flavoured water. I do like using a china white pencil to draw onto Kraft card and coupled with some Spectrum Noir pencils you can get some vibrant colours on there too.

I'd like to enter this into:
Always Fun Challenge #9 - Summer Fun
Aud's Sentiments #181 - Summer and + a sentiment
Creative Moments #119 - Anything goes with the option of Birthdays
Seize the Birthday - One Layer Birthday Theme


 
 

STAMPS: Images - Hero Arts Let's Get Fresh, Sentiment - Wow! Just Saying stampset 41
COLOUR: Spectrum Noir pencils and a china white pencil
OTHER: Kraft Card, Versamark clear ink, Wow! Opaque Bright White embossing powder

3) SWEET CUPCAKES


With a theme of 'sweet things' there had to be at least one cupcake didn't there? These are complete with a sugary frosting!

Here (for the first time ever for me, on an OLC) I've used the inlaid die technique with everything held together on the back with masking tape so that it remains a one layer card.  Why? because I made a mess of the original card and I really wanted to use the image.

I've also used a variation of the line-less watercolour technique and applied it to coloured pencils.  I think it works!

With this card I'm heading over to:
Addicted to Stamps and More! #245 - Photo inspiration
Tuesday Throwdown #346 - Sugar High
Mod Squad - Spark It Up




STAMPS:  Design Objectives Cupcakes, Wow! Just sayin' stampset41, Sweet Dixie Big Sentiments
DIE: MFT Inside out stitched rectangles.
INKS: Memento London Fog
OTHER: White linen card, Glamour dust, masking tape, quickie glue pen, WH Smiths coloured pencils

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it from me except to say there is lots of inspiration over on the Challenge blog from the rest of the design team, and possible a few extras on their personal blogs too.

Can't wait to see the sweetness you will bring to the challenge so I hope you have time to join us.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Hugs,
Sharon xx

23 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Sharon! Where do I start? The bee card is awesome. Loving the bright colour and masked sentiment strip perfectly dividing the stencilled honeycomb... and the bee itself is so cute! Your sweet water card is such a creative idea and looks totally fabulous coloured on Kraft, really refreshing and, yes, sweet! :D And your cupcake card is fabulous. What an awesome save - the inlaid die technique works perfectly and looks like that was what you'd always intended. The no-one coloured pencil technique is brilliant! Love it! Enjoy your sunny weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous cards Sharon ! Why I didn't think about the bee and honey ?! Of course ! This is a wonderful card to illustrate the challenge ! Love its design and the fabulous work of stamping, masking and stencilling you've done here ! Another fab idea with your sweet water ! Just so effective on kraft paper and embossed in white ! Love this stamp set that I also have in my stash but still NBUS ! And this is without counting on your last card with those yummy cupcakes ! A stunning work with your colouring so well popped up on the linen card ! You're so creative and a source of inspiration ! Have a fabulous weekend ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, I love your clean and simple designs. Your cupcakes are so stinkin' cute and beautifully colored, well done. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, Sharon! That bee/honeycomb card is adorable. I was wishing I had a bee/honey theme stamp. Your summer drink card on Kraft is so lovely. I think Kraft base cards are so elegant. And I think your last card is my favourite. Love the embossed rectangle frame, the colours and how you coloured those cupcakes. Looks yummy! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. They are perfect for our summer theme. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such beautiful cards! Each sweeter than the next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are adorable cards
    and love the water on the second card cool colored with white makes me feel summer look at your second card
    and the last card yummmyyy
    glittery cupcakes
    I want one please miss lady
    great card!!
    Many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always LOVE CAS cards and yours are grrrrreat!! Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another trio of beauty and yumminess Sharon! Absolutely kicking myself that I didn't think of honey as I've got that 'in print' set as well as other 'bees' and loads of honeycomb stuff! You and Anita were obviously on the same page!!! Your kraft card cocktail is so elegant and coloured brilliantly, then your sparkling tumbling cupcakes are just perfect and good enough to eat. I did smile at your slight 'mishap' with that one but what a brilliant save! Have a great week and sadly it's not so warm in the UK!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh...the cupcake card is delicious, love the white colouring on the kraft card and the bee is sooooo sweet! 3 great CAS cards Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all these fabulous card!! The little bee was extra cute. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards. I was about to say the jar was my fav but I think the cupcakes beat it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so so wonderful and inspiring CAs designs! My favorite must be your first card... I just love stencils and this design is simply perfect. And that bee is so cute! I can't resist him! Or her? No, I think it's a cute boy. :) Your use of white pencil on kraft looks stunning. You've inspired me to learn to use it too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great cards! Love the addition of sweet things to the water for the card you have entered into both our Aud Sentiments summer challenge, and also our Creative Moments Birthday Twist!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how the colours pop of the craft paper. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments.
    xx Grietje DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Fab cards :) Love them all :) Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Design and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three fab cards here Sharon, lots of lovely sweetness too. We have hot days atm. here in the UK which is most welcome also ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sharon, sorry I'm so late, been chasing my tail all week!
    Well, we certainly were on the same page this time weren't we with our little honey bees, and I very nearly used that very bee too! Love the split in the honeycomb for your sentiment. Your colouring on the kraft is so vibrant, and the white looks fabulous, so effective. I must try coloured pencils on linen card, I always love the effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that summer drink card with the funky cocktail umbrella! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.