1 Jul 2017

Less is More #335 - Your Country's Flag Colours



Hi thare!

Time for a new Less is More challenge and as it is the first challenge of the month we have a new sponsor.

Picture

And it is our colour week challenge


http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/

As I am now based in Portugal I have used the colours of the Portuguese flag on both my creations.

1) Christmas in July


Well, I suppose it is traditional for us to start making our Christmas cards in June and July so seeing as the Portuguese flag is red, green and a bit of white, blue and gold, the colours are ideally suited to a Christmas card. I must say that my blue was a bit too dark and it looks black in the photo.

This one is for:
Addicted to Stamps and More! #246 - Holiday
Crafting By Designs - Get Ready for Christmas - June Edition
Fab n Funky #357 - Christmas Crackers
QKR Stampede Challenge #250 - Christmas in July or Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesdays #125 - Kath's Christmas Challenge



STAMPS: Clearly Besotted laugh out loud Christmas
OTHER: Colouring pencils, Brads , inverted corner punch, red and white card, 3d foam pads

2) Scribble Birthday


Here I've used one of the stamps I received for winning the Lost Coast Designs challenge a few weeks back. Love this border and can see I'll use it a lot.

Once again, my blue splatters look black!

This one is for:
Crafty Creations #344 - Anything Goes
Sieze The Birthday - Anything Goes (birthday related)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
That's Crafty Challenge - Keep It Simple


STAMPS: Lost Coast Designs pencil tops border
OTHER: Mermaid Lagoon Re-inker and a splatter brush, Coloured Pencils, 3d foam.

____________________________________________________________________________
That's it from me,
Please take a peek at the fabulous cards that the design team have created for your inspiration this week over on the challenge blog HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
See you again soon.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

19 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card Sharon.. I love the addition of the pencil giving the illusion that it has written the birthday script. Thank you for sharing with us all at That's Crafty and joining in with the *Keep it Simple* blog challenge.. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous cards, Sharon! I love the crisp look and bright colouring of the Christmas card with that cute tree! The shaped corners are a fab touch. WOW to your pencils card! So artistic in look (and subject matter) and with the awesome addition of the pencil "handwriting" the sentiment - clever you! I love it! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting to see a lot of Christmas cards at the moment so will have to start getting my act together too! I love the cute Christmas tree and the way that you have incorporated the flag colours so effortlessly in to your festive design. Your second card just looks amazing - love that stamped image which goes perfectly with the sentiment. Really cool. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design! I am saving it as an idea for a future card. I just love the simplicity and it is so clever. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday this month. Hope to see you again.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey how ingenious being able to use red, white and green! A perfect opportunity to go with a Christmas make Sharon and I'm loving that cute little tree. Super duper CAS. Equally stunning is your sketchy/arty pencils card and another brilliant use of the Portuguese flag colours. Hope you weekend is restful but fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little Christmas tree. Such a sweet stamp and you highlighted it just perfectly...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Portuguese flag sure has lots of colours to choose from and I love both those colours on your cards. I especially love your cute little tree and how you almost "melonized" it. Initially I thought it was a watermelon. 😂 Great cards as usual. Have a wonderful weekend and week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 great designs, Sharon! The pencil one is so unique and fun, thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muito bonito ! Luckily that you live in Portugal, it allows to have a showcase with other colours ! I love your Christmas card with this so cute tree and the little details on the corners ! And what a fabulous card with your pencils stamp, a very modern style and such a stunning design ! Another fabulous showcase ! Have a great Sunday and a fabulous week ! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Sharon, I love them both, but the pencils one a bit more :) I guess we both think alike, I used Macau flag as I am based there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautifully CAS Christmas card Sharon. That pencil border is gorgeous as is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Christmas card - those colours are lovely - thanks for joining in at Watercooler Wednesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply adorable card with traditional colors. Thanks for joining our Christmas challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharon, what a clever idea, to use the colours of one's National flag for one's card. The addition of the non-traditional blue and yellow really makes your little Christmas tree pop. Love the clean and simple lines as well. Great card! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week with your CAS design. Great card and you incorporated your flag colours beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This simple look is so classy - such a great card. Thanks for joining the Weekly QKR Stampede challenge - anything goes, with a Christmas in July option,
    Dorothy S, DT member,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the look of your cas card! Wonderfully done! And so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fabulous cards, Sharon. These colours were perfect for a Christmas card and I love your simple and cute design. Brads too, well done you for using your stash, my poor brads are in a dark corner of my cupboard! That pencil border is fabulous, and you've been so creative incorporating it with your sentiment. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great CAS cards!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.