22 Jul 2017

Less is More #338 - No Stamps



Hi there. How are you? I'm enjoying a little break in the UK at the moment.....still waiting for grandchild #3 to be born. It was due on 20th so we are a couple of days overdue at the moment but I have everything crossed that it will make an appearance very soon now.

Anyway, on to this week's Less is More challenge and it is recipe week.

https://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/

Gulp! It has been ages since I have not stamped on a project but not to be deterred I have 2 cards and a picture to share with you today. So let's take a look at them.


1) Stencils


My very first thought was to use just stencils on my project. So I created this colourful card with stencil laid on top of stencil. The colourful background was created first then the leafy stencil applied on top of it and inked with deep black for a bit of drama.  It has been finished off with a couple of die cuts as I wasn't quite happy with the layout - it looked a little unbalanced but I'm much happier with the finished result.

I'm going to enter this one into the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - Clean and Simple of Fussy and Fancy. This is a Clean and Simple entry
Incy Wincy Designs - 1 paper layer
Unstampabelles #70 - Every Day is Special with a twist of lots of colour



STENCILS: The abstract background is Clarity Stamps, Imagination Crafts leaf swirl
DIES: Concord & 9th Butterfly Card Dies, Tattered lace sentiment.
DISTRESS INKS: Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Black Soot.
OTHER: Liquid Pearls in gold and lavender lace, White linen card, Water Spritzer.

2) Hot Glue


I saw this hot glue technique on Lilian's blog a short while ago and I have been smitten with this technique ever since. It is a great way to add to your stack of masculine cards.

This one is for :
The Male Room Challenge #65 - Mixed Media technique
Watercooler Wednesdays Challenge #128 - Heidi's Masculine Challenge

DIE: Whimsy Stamps Birthday Sentimentables
DISTRESS STAINS: Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans
OTHER: Hot Glue Gun, Watercolour Card, Copper Embossing Powder Water Spritzer, Pokey Tool, White Hammered Card, Foam Tape.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Summer Sunset Abstract

As an aside, I am making abstract pictures with this technique which I sell. Here is one of the ones I have kept for myself because the colours remind me so much of beautiful summertime sunsets where the rays of the sun hit waves on the sea. I used a sparkle gold embossing powder which looks incredible when the sun hits it.

I'd like to enter this into:
Artisitc Inspirations Challenge #183 - Summer Colours
Oh La La Challenge #233 - Landscapes
Stinkin' Inkers - Summer Heat


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Don't forget to take a peek at the amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team and if you visit their personal blogs you may find some additional cards too.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Well I'm off to enjoy some quality time visiting friends and having a lovely meal out with my two daughters this evening (providing the baby doesn't time its birth to coincide! )


See you again soon and thank you so much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

33 comments:

  1. Wow! Your hot glue panels are absolutely stunning! The colours are brilliant! I'm now going to find out all about this technique. Have a great time with your new grandchild ... July is a great month to be born!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hot glue technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful projects Sharon! The double-stenciled design of your first card is wonderful -I'll have to go through my stencils and see which ones I could layer! The technique you've used in your other projects is something I don't know from before and the results are amazing! So artsy, colorful, textured and interesting. Truly works of art. Hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sharon your card posted on LIM looks like it also should be framed! Such a great technique and super result!
    And the first is right up my ally; I love stencils!
    Thanks for great inspiration and I hope you have a fun sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL FAB but particularly loving the hot glue embossing

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to the UK, Sharon. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for your special arrival! :) Loving your stencil on stencil technique, and the colour blend with the black looks awesome. And I just had to go and find out about the hot glue technique, it looks fantastic and I can see why you kept the one you've framed, what a wonderful work of art. Never even used a hot glue gun, might have to get one of those bad boys! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creations! Such eye candy. I love the last one too. Hope baby has arrived by now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have me totally inspired as well! I love the hot glue technique you have shown...it has a definite wow factor. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three amazing cards thank you for joining us at the OLLCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all stunning, Sharon! What a gorgeous range of creations. The hot glue technique is simply fabulous... loving your card and the framed picture. What glorious colours <3 And the stenciled background of the first card is lovely, so vibrant and a perfect setting for the black inked leaves and stems. Wonderful makes! Have a great time over here xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, Sharon. Your hot glue gun technique cards are so interesting and wonderfully abstract. I need to check out that technique, even though I don't have a hot glue gun. And I absolutely love your first double stencilled card. Gorgeous colours and ink blending. Great job on all fronts. Hopefully you will be welcoming grandbaby #3 soon. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What fantastic projects. I absolutely love the hot glue technique on those gorgeous shades of blue. A super masculine card. Thanks so much for playing along with our Mixed Media challenge at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...these look like artist canvas...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These all look just so amazing Sharon, great techniques there too.Hope that new baby arrives very soon now too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG ! These cards are totally striking! The first one with the colours and the technique is really beautiful ! And this hot glue gun technique is just.....WOW ! Absolutely awesome, two real wonders ! Enjoy your holidays in the UK and with your great children. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What stunning effects you have created. Love all three things. I think your first card is spectacular, though - and so suitable for our challenge. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Unstampabelles - hope to see you back next time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!The hot glue technique is amazing!Totally stunning!Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Sharon! Waiting for your third grandchild's arrival has brought out a lot of creative energy, hasn't it? Love all three cards but it is the second that takes my breath away! First of all the mix of Distress Inks in the background is stunning. Love the colours! The hot glue technique, however, takes it up a level and then some. Wow! I will have to try this myself. The raised copper is wonderful and simply makes this a piece of art. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, your cards are stunning! I'm especially in love with the hot glue cards, just beautiful!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beautiful effect... love love love! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful fabulous design
    Thank you for sharing at OLLCB.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous set of cards, but I have to concentrate on the blue glue gun technique card, which I really, really like, it's a wonderful mixture of lots of lovely things. Thanks for playing at The Male Room. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sharon this is such a stunning card. Thanks for sharing it at the Watercooler Wednesday Masculine challenge this week. Most inspiring. Enjoyed the videos on Lillian's link and being inspired by this awesome technique.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok, I would love to know more about this hot glue technique! Can you please point me in the right direction! Your cards are all gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm gobsmacked by your designs, Sharon! That turquoise and copper number needs to be in a frame, too! And then they need to head to an art gallery! WOW!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  26. PS I imagine they sell like hot cakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your style is absolutely gorgeous! I'm a true fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous cards Sharon, so striking and clever

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness - these are amazing!
    Thanks also for entering my challenge at OLL.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love, love, love this hot glue technique!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your project(s) with us at Unstampabelles hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute cards. Thanks for joining us at Stinkin'Inkers Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Agnieszka chanya13

    ReplyDelete
  33. your projects are stunnig - amazing colours, backgrounds - I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.