29 Jul 2017

Less is More #339 - Pierce


Hello my crafty friends. Hope you are all well. Things are good here and at the time of typing this post (on Friday morning) my daughter was in labour and before I finished typing we had a new grandson! Yippee. Time for lots of Nanny cuddles!

But first, it is the 5th Saturday in the month and that means we have a lucky dip challenge at Less is More this week and it is time to get piercing. So get out those brads, eyelets or sewing needles, or simply use a pokey tool to pierce your project. There's lots of scope for this one and I can't wait to see how you interpret it.


A short post from me today as I only had time to complete one project, but I hope you like this one.

Rainbow Stitching


I used a very old piercing template that I've had for years and pierced the holes into a piece of card I made with distress ink blending. After stitching the design I simply finished the panel with some pearl bead centres and the tiniest bling gem.



DIES: Tattered Lace sentiment
DISTRESS INKS: Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple.
OTHER: KARS bling bling doodles piercing template, White card, Black card, Black thread, Pearl centres, Gems

I'm entering this one into:
Double D Challenge - Black and White with a pop of colour


Unstampabelles Challenge #70 - Every Day is Special - twist lots of colour

I'm sure if you visit my other team mates they will not disappoint and will probably have a few extra cards on their personal blogs. You can get to the main challenge by clicking HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a great week and hope to see you again soon.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new grandson! Too adorable <3 I totally love your card! It's so distinctive and beautiful with the stitching and warm ink blending. Really gorgeous effect and very eye catching. Have a great weekend with the family! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, Sharon! I love the strong colors you used, they really pop from the black card base. All the dimension and details must look and feel amazing when holding this card in your hand! Love it! Congratulations again on your beautiful grandson. He is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love the colour blending and the contrast of the black stitching.
    Congratulations on your new grandson,
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another card using a piercing template. Talk about a blast from the past. Love the ink blended background. Beautiful colours. Fabulous card, Sharon.
    And congratulations on your new beautiful bouncing grandson! He finally decided to show. 😉 So happy for you. Have fun spending time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and congratulations on you new grandson x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stitched design is fabulous and I love those gorgeous colours with the black. A gorgeous intricate design yet still wonderfully CAS with all that white space. Congratulations once again on the arrival of your little grandson, how exciting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ! What a stunning work you've done here with this gorgeous black stitching ! What patience ! And it pops up so wonderfully over this amazing blended background ! And what a splendid final touch with the beads ! Absolutely striking CAS card ! Enjoy your time cuddling your adorable new grandson ! Hugs ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the color on this card is stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.