2 Sep 2017

Less is More #344 - Royal Blue and Lime

 
Hello again! I'm getting back into the swing of things now so I have 3 cards to share with you this week. We have a fantastic colour combo for you at the Less is More challenge:

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/

It's the first challenge of September so that means we have a new sponsor for the month

https://shop.happylittlestampers.com/

and the owner of the store, Kylie, has made an amazing card as our guest designer this week. Please do pop over to her blog to leave her some lovely comments.

And don't forget the rest of the Less is More design team too - they have fab inspiration on the challenge blog and usually there are a few extras on their personal blogs too.

So lets take a look at the 3 cards I have for you this week.

1) Wildflower Notelet


I've headed straight back to my 5 minute makes with a classic design to help get ahead with my DT card making after my break.

You really can't get much more Clean and Simple than this! Simply ink the two parts of the stamp in separate colours, stamp it, blend a little background and layer up.

I'd like to pop this one in at
Crafty Creations #349 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenge #162 - Use a stamp or a digi
Watercooler Wednesdays #134 - Anything Goes



STAMPS: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection - Mini Bouquet
INKS: VersaColour Indigo and Lime, Distress Inks Mermaid Lagoon
OTHER: White Linen Card, 3d foam pads.

2) Fuchsia Die Cut


I really liked the look of that first card, so I made a variation on the same layout with a diecut rather than a stamp and a swipe of my ink pads.

I'm popping this one into
Scrappy Land Challenge #72 - Anything goes using a brand of die Scrappy Land sells (Memory Box)
Seize the Birthday - Ocean colours of Blue, Green and/or Aqua (Just blue and green from me!)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


STAMPS: Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash set (sentiment)
DIE: Memory Box Fuchsia Sprig
INKS: Versacolor Lime and Indigo
OTHER: White Linen Card, 3d Foam Pads

3) A bit of embossing


I'm sharing this one anyway, but I'm not really happy with it simply because it didn't turn out at all the way I pictured it in my head. Maybe I should have put a little blending in the aperture - but I didn't want to over-do it.

I'll enter this into
Creative Moments Challenge #125 - Anything Goes
Dragonfly Journeys #99 - Chevron Chic
Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes


STAMPS: Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash Set
EMBOSSING FOLDER: Sizzix (sorry - I cant find the name of it)
OTHER: Clear embossing powder, White Linen Card, Circle Die

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well that's it from me for this week. I can't wait to see what you all come up with for this colour combo.

Thanks so much for popping by. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Sharon

22 comments:

  1. WHAT! 5 minute makes!!!! I need some lessons my dear teamie ... I'm a complete faffer when creating and what should perhaps take 5 minutes is always much longer. These are stunning and I'm so inspired by the elegance of those first too in particular. The luxury BG of colour and texture to both is super eye-catching. Have a perfect week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! All three are just beautiful!! I struggle with clean & simple design (crazy huh! lol) ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Anything Goes’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fab designs, Sharon! I love the dreamy look of your first quickie make and the more vibrant background for the white die cut on your second design. I really like the crisp, graphic look of the flags with the circle aperture and curved sentiment on your third card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon! Very striking color combination on your beautiful creations. I love the deep blue of the flowers on the first, the textured background on the second, and the different textures of your banners on the third. Thanks so much for joining my Chevron Chic blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sharon! 5-minute cards? It would take me that long to get all my products together! I am amazed, especially at the quality of these gorgeous cards. It takes a lot of planning to do a beautiful clean and simple card and you have that down pat. Great splash of colours and wonderful simplicity. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the cards are beautiful...I've gotta try the technique on the second one...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A trio of fabulous CAS cards., Sharon. I am going to re-iterate Sarah...what? 5 mins! That is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You achieved such beautiful bright colours. Love them. Have a wonderful week. 😊 Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Sharon, all of them are absolutely fabulous! Love the colours and CAS designs, very pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with my buddies above.....5 mins??! You're incredible, Sharon. I love the double layers on your first two, and the ink swipes on your second look fabulous on the linen base. I must try that! The layered up flags with the added embossing look great too. Three CAS stunners xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three of your cards are gorgeous, and the one with the die cut flower is my favorite. Great color choices! Thank you sharing your beautiful work at Scrapy Land in our Anything Goes challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is amazing!! I love the dies you used!! The colors are so beautiful and the details are fabulous!! I love, love this, my friend!! Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge over at Scrapy Land. Hugs Ola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning CAS designs, all gorgeous but love the 2nd one the most with the bold swipes of ink :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three wonderful cards, all such great samples of CAS designing! I love the layout in your third card and you should not be too hard on yourself -I think ti looks great! The way you used ink behind your white die cut looks fab in the second card -I want to remember this for future use. Have a great week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All three of your cards are wonderful Sharon, each a perfect blend of colour and white space for a beautiful clean and simple design. I love the simple layered flower for the Watercooler challenge, it simply invites you to open the card to see what's inside. Thanks for sharing your card creation and joining us this week for the Watercooler Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're amazing Sharon ! You amaze me by doing such a wonder in 5 mins ! I love this combo of colour and what you did with it is just stunning ! All of them are wonderful, you really rock (again !). Have a fabulous week ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards! Hard to believe 5 minutes to make a card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful colors and card designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. O my! these are stunningly beautiful in their simplicity...tank you so much for sharing them with us at Dream Valley Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. You had fun with these colors! [I love this combo] -- Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoops - I meant thanks for joining in at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.